We had discussed in an earlier post about Yoga mudra, in which we had told about many mudras. Shambhavi mahamudra kriya detailed guide through which third eye & intuition power activation done. According to some people, this practice is also very helpful in awakening the root chakra i.e. Mooladhar chakra and has the ability to take you to a higher stage of conscious effortlessly. If its practice is done continuously for 40 days, then by awakening your inner consciousness, you can achieve the ability to do miracles.
Shambhavi Mudra and Mahamudra are two different exercises in which we practice chakra awakening along with mudra and cultivate powers to meditate, then Mahamudra is practiced. There are total 3 steps to do this exercise and the secret of your success is depend upon these steps. We will talk about its benefits, caution and what is its role in awakening psychic powers, so this post is a bit interesting and I think after reading this post completely you will start practicing it yourself.
Shambhavi doesn’t belong to any of those categories. This is often why yogi calling it a Mahamudra or a kriya. What’s a mudra? The word “mudra” literally means a seal – you lock it. In today’s world quite ever, the most important problem that citizenry have is that the dissipation of energy, because our sensory system is stimulated quite ever before within the history of humanity.
For instance, today we will sit the whole night with bright lights on. Your eyes weren’t prepared for this – they were made for twelve hours of sunshine and twelve hours of darkness or very subdued light. Now your visual apparatus is stimulated like hell.
Shambhavi mahamudra kriya
Shambhavi mahamudra kriya means the practice of meditation with open eyes. If the meditation posture is practiced with open eyes, it is called Shambhavi Mahamudra. Shambhavi means that you get established in another place in spite of being inside your body. This place can also be your imagination or it can also be a dimension
Why a Mahamudra because it’s a seal. Once you set the seal and lock it, your energies will divert themselves during a completely different direction. Now things will happen. Rarely does any practice magnify people right from day one as Shambhavi Mahamudra does. This is often just because if you apply the Mahamudra right, your own energies are delivering a direction that they normally never do.
Otherwise, your energies dissipate in reaction to varied sensory inputs. It’s like if you retain watching something, you get tired after a while. Not just the eyes you get tired.
Because whenever you concentrate to something, you lose energy. If a ray of sunshine comes at you, for you to ascertain it, there’s a loss of energy. If a sound comes at you, for you to listen to it, there’s a loss of energy. We would like to show it around in such how that there’s gain.
Why we spend such a lot time to psychologically and emotionally prepare you for a twenty one-minute practice is to urge you to the proper level of receptivity.
What is Unique about Shambhavi Mahamudra?
Shambhavi aligns your entire system in order that your body, mind, emotions and energies function consonant, establishing a chemistry of blissfulness within you and empowering you to make your life the way you would like it. Today, many dedicated practitioners have experienced greater emotional balance, mental clarity, focus, stability, and improved health.
Each and every time you concentrate to something, you lose energy. If a ray of sunshine comes at you, for you to ascertain it, there’s a loss of energy. If a sound comes at you, for you to listen to it, there’s a loss of energy. We would like to show it around in such how that there’s gain. Why we spend such a lot time to psychologically and emotionally prepare you for a twenty-one-minute practice is to urge you to the proper level of receptivity.
Difference between Shambhavi Mudra and Shambhavi Mahamudra kriya
They both have the same name but there is a difference in practice. First of all let’s talk about mudra, so what is mudra, a simple exercise in which you have to sit comfortably. That is, sat in the meditation posture and sitting comfortably and focused himself on another place. To do this, you need the magic of a strong imagination. This is the practice of Shambhavi Mudra to keep looking at a place with open eyes and when the eyes become fixed, then to see the imagination of your mind there.
In shambhavi mahamudra we practice energy. The word Maha means a practice that is of a high standard. In this practice we reach the highest level of our consciousness. In which the awakening of the command chakra is included. If it is practiced out of the ordinary to increase the energy generation rapidly and in the journey of the inner, then it is called Shambhavi Mahamudra kriya.
Shambhavi mahamudra kriya guided meditation
Shambhavi mahamudra is like meditation posture, the only difference is that in meditation posture we keep eyes closed and in this you have to keep eyes open. By practicing Shambhavi Mahamudra, we start getting amazing changes in ourselves.
In Shambhavi Mahamudra, meditation is done with open eyes. Our eyes remain open, but during that time our attention starts to be within ourselves. With this mudra, our attention is taken straight to the meditation room. Through this method, all our koshas such as physical, subtle, celestial kosha (body) are balanced and connected directly with the inner journey.
There is a belief about this mudra that through this method you can heal yourself in a better way, because with Shambhavi mudra kriya, we get connected directly with the inner self and there is harmony and hold in all the body corpus. After 40 days of continuous practice, you can become proficient in the practice of this mudra.
How to do shambhavi mahamudra kriya step by step
There are total 3 steps of this mudra and the practice is done in these three steps.
- In the first step, you have to sit in meditation posture. For this you should sit comfortably. Now join the end of your thumb and the finger closest to it. Keep in mind that all the fingers should be adjacent to each other.
- In the second step of shambhavi mahamudra, you have to do tratak at some point in front of you, you can choose any medium. Keep in mind that the medium on which the tratak is being performed is not in front of your eyes but a little above. Because of this, your attention easily starts focusing on your command chakra.
- When it takes you some time while doing this, now you have to change your medium through your imagination. With open eyes, you have to imagine the medium in front of you which you can keep for a long time.
Shambhavi mahamudra and third eye activation
- For the practice of Shambhavi Mahamudra kriya to awakening your third eye, you have to choose a place where no one can disturb you during the practice. Choose a seat that cuts off your contact with the ground. Now start the exercise in the following way.
- Make a point on the wall in the room a little above you right in front of you, when you are sitting in a meditative posture and the face is slightly raised, then only that point can be seen.
- Sit in meditation posture and start looking at that point. While looking at this point, the pupil of your eyes should be slightly raised.
- During Shambhavi mahamudra kriya guided meditation, your attention automatically starts getting focused in the centre of the forehead (third eye chakra).
- Slowly you start getting deeper into the practice. On moving forward, you start descending directly into the inner and your sixth sense or third eye activation process.
How to activate root chakra through shambhavi mahamudra
Shambhavi mahamudra kriya guided meditation is also an option for those who want to awaken the Mooladhar Chakra. Through Shambhavi mudra, you are directly connected to the inner and can transfer your energy anywhere. For this you have to follow the above method.
In this method, you have to do tratak for some time at that point. After some time of tratak, with open eyes, you have to imagine some deity / deity in place of that point.
When you are successful in doing this for 10 minutes, then you start feeling a bright light on your third eye chakra. When this starts happening then you have to send that light through your mind (imagining) to your Mooladhar chakra.
When you are able to send energy / light to the Mooladhar chakra in this mudra, then some changes start to be felt in yourself such as increased blood flow in that part, pulsation, cure of any disease in that part. Grow, help control your habits and mind.
Don’t forget to practice Ashwani Mudra: When Prana and Apana meet, the energy that is created in our navel is of wonderful feeling. Ashwani Mudra means horse pose in which we have to stop for some time to inhale air from our anus. In this you have to sit like Kagasana and draw the air inside from the anus. When we practice like this for some time, then control starts feeling in the work spirit.
The most facts related to Ashwani Mudra that you probably know.
Controlling lust desire in a short time the best way can be found by just 5 minutes of daily practice of Ashwani Mudra.
With this practice, you may feel a tickle in the beginning, but as you progress, it helps you to calm the mind in the shortest possible time. After the practice of shambhavi mahamudra kriya, its practice remains beneficial for you.
Misconception about the activation of Mooladhar Chakra
We all believe that the awakening of the Mooladhar Chakra is a complex and dangerous process. The energy generated through this can also make us crazy but in reality it is not so. This definitely happens during practice but not after awakening because after the energy of this chakra is balanced, the seeker comes in a state of equilibrium. We can also identify it on the basis of the change happening inside ourselves.
Lust, animosity all these feelings end after the awakening of this chakra because the energy which was unbalanced and agitating you is now under control. The hallmark of the awakening of this chakra is that the mind is calm, stable and emotionless, because freedom from physical world feelings is the first step of the chakra awakening.
All subsequent steps are going to take you towards your difference from the physical.
If you are starting the Mooladhar Chakra awakening, then keep in mind that the practice should not be missed because imbalance is dangerous. It is important for you to keep practicing till the process of chakra awakening is brought into balance.
Shambhavi mahamudra kriya benefit
- With the continuous practice of this Maha mudra, you can get into the gap and activate your intuition power.
- Its practice makes us spiritual.
- It is believed that after its practice, we can guide our brain to both the parts simultaneously.
- The best practice for going into the state of Samadhi and getting into the inner self is considered to be the practice of Shambhavi Mahamudra.
- The process of awakening the Third eye Chakra can be simplified through Shambhavi Mahamudra.
- In this mudra, we can easily generate energy to awaken the Mooladhar chakra and transfer it to the chakra.
- If you want to get into your inner self, then Shambhavi mahamudra kriya guided meditation is the best practice.
- After being proficient in Shambhavi Mahamudra, we can cure any problem related to body and mind through self-healing.
- shambhavi mahamudra kriya is meditation with open eyes which you can do while traveling and anywhere (after getting proficiency in practice)
- Any kind of bad habit can be got rid of through this practice.
Precaution or side effect of Shambhavi mahamudra
- Young man / girl below 20 years should not do it.
- Do not do the exercise for more than 10 minutes.
- Do not forget to do Ashwani / Vajroli Mudra after the practice.
- Brahmacharya should be followed.
- Stay away from any kind of addiction.
Shambhavi mahamudra kriya guided meditation last words
The cortisol awakening response marks different levels of wakefulness. Enlightenment is additionally called awakening. Why? Aren’t you awake already? No, you’re not at an equivalent level of awakening every moment of your life. If you’ve got been practicing Shambhavi for a minimum of ninety days, thirty minutes after you awaken within the morning, your cortisol awakening response is several times above during a normal person
The information shared here about Shambhavi Mahamudra is completely information taken through many sources. These two sources YouTube and Isha Sadguru, we have been able to get maximum and accurate information about this, so the credit of this post goes to Sadguru. If you have not visited Sadguru YouTube channel then definitely do it once. How did you like the information related to shambhavi mahamudra kriya detailed guide.